Need To Know How Much Your Case is Worth? Call: (503) 686-5131

Initial Consultation Is Free Without any Obligation

Jim Sellers, Attorney At Law

40+ Years of experience in Personal Injury Law in both Washington and Oregon

Work related accident or injury

Each day about 150 workers lose their lives just from workplace injuries or illnesses and more than 15,000 are injured requiring some period of time for recovery.

If you are injured on the job, you should report it to your human resources department or personnel management department and obtain the necessary forms for filing your claim for injury compensation for medical expenses.

In Vancouver WA, you can file with Washington State Department of Labor and Industries and in Porland OR, you can file with State of Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries.

If your employer has enrolled in a self-managed or self-insured program, your employer will provide you with the accident report form and claim number. If your employer is insured through State's Department of Labor and Industries, your healthcare provider has the necessary Labor and Industries forms.

Most companies, small or large, have clear policies and procedures regarding on the job injuries and require every employees who are injured to report any work-related injury or illness to his/her supervisor immediately or as soon as is practical. Once the job-related injury has been reported, the supervisor is usually expected to complete a form about the initial report of injury and if the injury requires emergency medical attention, the supervisor or HR manager would direct the employee to a local hospital or healthcare center for immediate medical attention.

Additional information: Work related injuries, chiropractic physical therapy, hospital injuries.

Delay in filing an accident claim can affect your rights in your personal injury case, and you don't want the other party to file against you first to claim that you were at fault. You need to protect your rights by having an experienced attorney represent you. Do you have questions like, who will pay the damages to your vehicle? Our law firm answers car accident and traffic accident questions directly on the phone. Contact us to protect your rights.


Other useful personal injury articles for your reading:

Auto Insurance Requirements for drivers in Oregon State

Auto Insurance Requirements for drivers in Washington State

DUI/DWI Victim of Injury Caused By Drunk Driver

Injury Claim Valuation

Injury Claim Value as a Result of Continuous Care

Insurance Claim Processing Tactics

Oregon Automobile PIP Requirements

Pedestrian Presonal Injury Claim

Repaying Insurance Companies After Settlement

Repaying Your Insurance Company after Settlement

Should I Get a Personal Injury Attorney

Soft Tissue Injuries May Require a Professional Chiropractic Care

Tort Law Reform

Tort Law Reform and Valuation in Personal Injury Cases

Truck Accident Recovering Compensation "Need-to-know"

Washington PIP Requirements for drivers

When To Settle Personal Injury Claims

Wrongful Death Personal Injury Claims


Perhaps you have choices that you might not have otherwise considered. Feel free to call for an appointment or a phone conference at no charge.